Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thank You . . . for your wisdom

"Each of us can look back upon someone who made a great difference in our lives, someone whose wisdom or simple acts of caring made an impression upon us. In all likelihood, it was someone who sought no recognition for their deed, other than the joy of knowing that, by their hand, another's life had been made better."

~Stephen M. Wolf


Throughout my life there have been many different people who have cared for me and have shared wisdom with me. Trying to narrow this one down was hard but I was trying to think of someone who has offered me a lot of wisdom in the last little while.

My mind automatically switched to the period in my life where. I feel I have grown the most and learned the most about life and myself. That time of my life was this summer. This last summer I was fortunate enough to move out to California to work and live with my amazing sister Melanie and her family. This was an incredible opportunity for me to be able to share my testimony everyday and to grow closer to not only my father in heaven, but my amazing sister and her cute family.I was so blessed that they welcomed me into their home so freely and for making my amazing summer possible. Melanie is an amazing woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. She is one of the most, if not the most, selfless person I know and is always looking for some way to serve someone. She has offered me a variety of wisdom that I have truly taken to heart. This summer my relationship with Melanie grew immensely and now I feel as if I am part of her own family as if she was my adoptive mother. I wish I could say that I'm going back again this summer but there are other experiences and opportunities the lord has in store for me this summer. I miss them so much and hope to be able to go visit soon.

I look up to Melanie in many aspects of life and hope that someday I will be able to be half as amazing as she is. Melanie has made a difference in lives of many throughout the world. She has never been one for needing any recognition for the wonderful things she does for another, she honestly just serves those people because she loves them. She would be willing to do just about anything for anyone and that is amazing. I look up to her so much and hope that I can make a difference in the lives of others, as she has. I'm so grateful for Melanie and all the wisdom and simple acts of kindness she has offered me in my life.

I love you so much Mel and will never be able to thank you enough for being there for me at such a vital part of my life as I learned and grew so much over the summer of 2010 and as I continue to grow. Thank you for always having a listening ear and for continuously looking out for me. For all the calls just checking up on me and making sure I'm doing alright and just for simply thinking of me. I love you and I feel privileged to call you a sister, adoptive mother, and friend. Thank you for all you have done for me and for the lives of so many. You have taught me so many lessons through your example of patience, love, effective communication, and what true happiness is. You are simply amazing and I appreciate you and your amazing example to me in my life. Thank you for all the wisdom you have offered to me and for continuing to share your wisdom with me. I love you more than you know.


Forever indebted,

Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment