Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thank You . . . for sharing your thoughts

"You gave me your time, the most thoughtful gift of all."
~ Dan Zadra

Today I have decided to focus on my sister Allie. Allie and I have grown close throughout the last few years. We have come a long way and have learned to love each other. Allie has given me words of wisdom and has shared her thoughts with me about many different aspects of life. She has offered me many words of comfort and words of wisdom. I can't even count the number of times I have called Allie completely hysterical. I call her when good things happen too but for some reason she is one of the first I call when I am going through something and I need to calm down. Allie has set such a high standard for me to live up to and she has set such an amazing example to me and many that surround her. She is fun-loving, smart, and funny. I have missed living away from Allie. During my last days of High School I feel like I was down staying with her and Tanner close to ever weekend. I have missed spending so much time with them but try to squeeze them in when I come to visit. Allie and I have become close sisters and have showed sisterly love but we have also become good friends. I have always looked up to Allie and her friends. She has some of the best friends any girl could ever hope and dream for and I have always wanted that in my life. Fortunately enough I have found those friends in my life it has just taken a little longer for me to find them.
I appreciate Allie for taking so much time to listen to me like a broken record about my feelings and concerns about anything and everything. I'm grateful for her being so open and honest with me and for helping me through some of the hardest things I have had to face in my life. Thanks so much Allie for everything you've done for me. I look up to you more than you know and hope that someday I can be half as amazing as you. Allie is an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. She plays every role in her life well and she is an amazing person to have in your life. I feel so blessed to have Allie as a sister and will forever cherish the fun times and the hard we have had together. Thanks for all the words of encouragement, for the ongoing faith you have exercised in my behalf, and for simply making time for me in your life. It feels so good to know that someone is cheering me on when sometimes it doesn't feel like many are. You're the best and I am so blessed to have you as a sister and friend. I love you-

With all my heart and more,
Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment