Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thank you . . . for making a difference

"It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts."
- J.M. Laurence
Where do I even begin to list the people in my life that this particular quote relates to. I am blessed with so many people in my life that make my life better and just the happy, blissful life I enjoy everyday. I have previously mentioned a few, but tonight I have chosen to focus on my roommates since they are the ones I spend day in and day out with. We have created a little family of our own in apartment 44
and I will cherish the times I have spent with these girls forever. I can't believe that I'm not going to be with these creeps everyday when this month comes to a close.
It's hitting me more and more everyday but it's just so weird to think that I'm not going to be with them all everyday anymore. These girls have been there for me and there is no way I will ever be able to thank them enough for all they have done for me.
So I would like to pay tribute to each of them, for all they have done for me. Thank you "Johnson family," it sure has been a fun run.

So first I would like to pay tribute to my dear Alexis. Lexi was a new addition to our apartment this year and was brave enough to take up the challenge of living with all people who we all knew each other before moving and she knew no one. Lexi is a fun loving person and makes friends like wildfire. She is always out doing something fun always with a new friend. Lexi is good at making friends and is always inviting us to go somewhere and to do something. Lexi has been fun to live with and I'm going to miss her funny comments and her story telling that are on going circles that usually I end up really lost and don't even know what she's talking about. Thanks Lexi for being so cute and just fun loving. You have been a great example to me of accepting others and going out there and simply making as many friends as possible.

Next is Alyssa. Alyssa and I met last year as roommates of Apartment 44. We didn't necessarily click right at first, but little did we know, we were in for a friendship of a lifetime.
Alyssa is smart, witty, and easy going. I am so grateful for Alyssa and for the on going support and love she offers to me. I am going to miss her always snuggling up next to me and her witty lines she'll throw out of nowhere that totally and completely catch me off guard. Thank you Alyssa for always making me feel beautiful and loved and for always laughing at my lame jokes, even when they aren't funny at all (it makes me feel good because she is so freaking funny herself). I'm gonna miss that and you. Keep an eye on Kate for me will ya?
Then there is Miss Katy. Katy and I met as well last year for the first time. Like Alyssa, Katy and I didn't click right at first, she was shy and I was intimidated by her, but as soon as we warmed up to each other we never looked back. Katy is passionate, sensitive, and a good friend. I will never forget some of the talks we've had on our nightly drives
together and for all the memories we have together. Katy has been there for me through thick and thin and we have been able to help each other through some pretty tough times. Katy, thank you for your example to me of being different and for accepting all people. You have really opened my eyes to certain things in my life that I have been pretty closed minded to in my life and I can never thank you enough for those things. Thank you for listening to me like a broken record and for always believing in me and never giving up on me.
And then there is Kate. Where to even begin. Kate and I grew up together but didn't become best friends until my Junior Year of High School. It's crazy to think that we have only been best friends for 3 almost 4 short years but those have been the best three years of friendship I have ever shared with someone. We were fortunate enough to add Kate to our Apartment 44 family after a lot of convincing and praying about getting her to come to SUU. I honestly don't know if I would've made it through this last year of my life without her here by my side everyday of this past year. Thanks Kate. Kate is beautiful inside and out and is the literal definition of BEST friend. Not only has she been an amazing friend to me, but everyone she comes in contact with. I love and appreciate you Kate and all that you do for me. Thanks for all the "pick me up" chats and for all the "Mer and Kate Dates." (even though they make our roommates mad.) Next year is going to be rough without you and I'm going to miss not seeing your beautiful face everyday. Thank you for never giving up on me and for always being a shoulder to lean on and simply brightening my day. I love you to the moon and back and can't thank you enough for the past 4 years and for many more to come.

These girls have blessed and enriched my life and I am so blessed to be able to not only call them my best friends and roommates, but my family. It has been an amazing year ladies. Thank you for all your love and support throughout this year. It has literally been the best of times and the worst of times and there is no way that I could've done it without you all. I know that God placed you all in my life at this particular time for a purpose and I will forever be indebted to him for sending me such amazing women. I love you all and am going to miss you all like crazy!

To an epic year with the Apartment 44 Family!
Love you Girls!

With all my heart and more,
Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment