Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thank You . . . for being so thoughtful

"My heart gives thanks for empty moments given to dreams, and for thoughtful people who help those dreams come true."
~ William S. Braithwaite

I know I know I missed posting yesterday, but I have been having some computer problems and thanks to my dear friend Marla, she is allowing me to use her laptop so I can post today.

As I was thinking about all the thoughtful people in my life, my attention was drawn to a particular individual in my life. Today I would like to honor my dear Desi. I met Desi last year in my singles ward and knew that she was an amazing woman from the first time I heard her bare her testimony. She truly has the light of Christ in her countenance and lives by the gospel. She is an amazing example to everyone she comes in contact with and I look up to her so much for that. Last year Desi was assigned to be my visiting teacher. We didn't have a chance to visit very often due to conflicting schedules but there was one particular time Desi did drop by. I was going through a particularly hard time in my life and not many were aware, not even Desi. She dropped by and I wasn't home but she left a note and a flower for me. I know I share this story a lot but I truly know because of that instance in my life that the lord does inspire certain individuals to reach out to us. Desi didn't know that such a simple thing was so huge for me, and she probably still doesn't understand how much that little act of kindness truly did for me. She was inspired and she acted on that inspiration. I know that Visiting Teaching is an inspired program through the inspired organization of Relief Society. I am grateful for that knowledge. That is not the only time Desi has shown me kindness. She is constantly showing her love and kindness in small and simple ways to many different people. I appreciate you Desi for always being so thoughtful and for always reaching out to me. I know that you may think nothing of it because it's just who you are but it really does mean the world to me that someone out there is looking out for me. You are an amazing young woman and you are such a strong woman. I look up to you for your strength and faith. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend in my life. I know that we will remain friends for the rest of our lives and I'm so grateful for all you have taught me through your everyday example and the people around you. You are beautiful inside and out and I just couldn't be more grateful for you in my life. Thanks for all you do and for simply being thoughtful!

Much love and more,
Merilee

P.s. I don't currently have a picture of Desi and I but I am working on getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment