Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cleanse.

Today is Day 1 of my cleanse. I have decided to do a strictly vegetables and fruit cleanse for the next 7 days (at least). Some of you are probably thinking... What? Is she crazy? Why would she do that? Is that healthy? I know that those were all of my questions when I started thinking about it and researching it. I have watched many people do many different cleanses and have seen many different results. I am not doing it to necessarily lose weight, {although I won't complain if I lose a few pounds} I'm simply doing it to flush out my system and sort of hit the "restart" button on my body. Lately, I have been feeling icky. Just sick like all the time. Whether it be my body aching, "stomach/digestion issues," sinus infections, {TO THE MAX causing headaches and loss of sleep} or just plain, LARGE and in charge. As I am preparing for my mission I want to feel prepared and fresh in every way, Spiritually, Physically, Emotionally, ect.
Last night I watched a documentary on Netflix called Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead and I was truly inspired. Although my cleanse won't be quite as dramatic and life-changing as the "juice fast" probably, I was amazed the difference something like this can make. I was amazed to see the confidence, and just the way the countenance of these people transformed throughout the video. It also gave me a sense of just how hard it's going to be. It is Day 1 and I'm already feelin' it. {Not to mention it was Fast Sunday today, so I'm doubly feelin' it.}
I know that this will be good for me though, to clear all that junk out before I leave and soon don't have control over what I eat all the time.
{I'll be doing it when I get back too I think... If I survive that is.}
So I know that this is going to be hard, and I know there will be moments in this week where I feel like I'm going to die. I know there will be moments when I feel great. I know there will be moments when I'm grumpy because I'm just plain hungry... but anyone can do something for a week right? That's at least what I keep telling myself. :)
Anyway, Happy Cleansing and hope you enjoy this journey I'm embarking in...

Goal #1: Avoid ALL food blogs, pinterest, basically ANYTHING related to food.
Yeah... My sister made Homemade Rosemary Bread tonight. Rude.

Xoxo.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment