Monday, March 5, 2012

Cleanse Day 2

Today was Day 2 of my 7 day cleanse.
Where is the love is what I have to say about today?
Seriously, first offered the most tempting looking cupcake ever (and I don't even like cupcakes that much), then my cute boss gets me a caramel apple for working extra hours on Friday that I can't even eat. :( THEN I come home and my sister's neighbor brings over the most beautiful display of the most delicious looking chocolates I have ever laid eyes on... Talk about a bummer of a day in the food department. (more desserts I suppose)
Yesterday was bread -- today was desserts {and nuts}
But in all seriousness...
It was okay.
There were ups and downs for sure.
I woke up feeling super energetic, like the first awake in the house (which NEVER happens around here). I was feeling great until about 2 p.m.; I hit a wall... a big one.
I attempted to have some carrot juice for lunch... Not happy. It was YUCKY! After that I just felt nauseous so nothing sounded good.
I decided it would be good in a smoothie but I couldn't do it straight.
I know it has only been 2 days... but I'm getting tired of only Fruit and Veggies.
Don't get me wrong, I love them... but when it's all you eat all day for two days straight... it gets old fast, believe me.
I guess I didn't realize how much I really do love food and simply having a variety.
I've heard that Day 3 is the worst and then it's better if I can just get past tomorrow.
We'll just have to see I suppose.
It has been hard but I'm hoping that it's worth it in the end and that I feel like a million bucks! :)
Here's to another day!
Goodnight. Sleep tight.
(I know I will.)

1 comment:

  1. You have sooo much more self-control than I do! I never want to STOP eating cupcakes and all the yummy goodness in the world, not even for seven days {in fact, 24 hours once a month is killer!}. Bueno job, Merilee! Bueno!

    ReplyDelete