Saturday, January 7, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Tonight I am having a hard time getting my thoughts down on paper,or even articulating the way I feel in any way really, so hopefully this makes sense. It has been one of those days today... you know the ones where you just can't seem to win. The funny thing is I haven't done much today, or gone anywhere, but I think it's in those days where this seems to happen, at least to me that is. It's those days where you have time to sit down and think about all of the things you don't like about yourself and all the things you wish were different in your life...
hopefully I have painted the picture clear enough so you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm not here to complain about how hard my life is or how hard this past week has been, even though those may have been my intentions when I sat down tonight to write this blog post. I'm here to let you in on a little insight I had tonight as I {literally} made lemonade. I was making lemonade tonight and was thinking about the old saying, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I guess you could say I haven't been making lemonade lately in my life. Instead I have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. I've been thinking about how I feel about the way I look, and all the hard decisions I have to make in the coming months, and how I can't seem to accomplish all the things I want to in my timetable. I will say I have some pretty tough decisions to make in the next couple of months and I have made some pretty hard decisions in the past couple of months, but I know with no doubt, I will be fine.
I know the lord is on my side. I know he has a plan for me, it's just remembering that in the moments lemons get thrown at me. Remembering there is a reason for everything in our lives even though it may seem so insignificant at the time. I love this quote by Dr. Seuss that talks about choices. It really is my choice which way I go in life and I know with the lords help I will be able to go in the right direction. I won't give up, I WILL get back up and try again. Tomorrow is a new day and famous words of my witty, eloquent best friend, "Life always seems to be better with a good nights sleep."
So my parting words tonight are, be happy. Life is too short to get caught up in the negative things. It's hard sometimes, but so much better to remember the good things in life. Focus on the blessings we enjoy, not the things we lack.
Remember the words of Elder Holland, "Don't give up. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is happiness ahead... You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment