Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update

Okay okay so I know it has been far too long since I have written a post but I have been busy and just kind of wrapped up in the whole life thing. So this summer I had the chance to live in California with my wonderful sister Melanie and her cute family. At first, everything was kind of falling through and I wasn't sure how I would be able to swing spending a summer in California with no job but as I fasted and prayed about what to do I felt like I was still supposed to go to California even though nothing seemed to be working out. So I exercised faith that everything would work out and I did my best to put it in the lord's hands. Well sure enough the next job I applied for I basically got hired when they glanced at my application and everything seemed to start falling into place. Melanie made arrangements for me to move in and my job training was a couple weeks after I got out there.
So as soon as I got settled in, the first 2 weeks were lonely. I had to wait for my training to start so I had no friends and I was just staying home all day everyday so I was going crazy. Well at church that next Sunday Melanie introduced me to my first friend Samantha and then I started feeling good about life. I had one more week before I started training so Sam let me tag along and meet all of her friends and life was going well.
As soon as my job training started I started getting busy really fast. So I met a friend at my first day of training and he found out that I was a member of the church and started asking questions about the church and my beliefs and we became friends. It was nice to have someone there that accepted me because it seemed like as soon as everyone found out that I was the Mormon girl from Utah, I felt pretty alone and stuck out like a sore thumb. So things progressed with our conversation and I invited him to learn more and to come over and have dinner with the family and I had the chance to give him a Book of Mormon with my testimony written in it. It was an amazing opportunity for me. Something that I had never experienced in my life. So I invited him to go to a Volleyball night with my singles ward. I had so much fun and I met a lot of amazing people including a man that swept me off my feet and it all started with complementing his cool Nike shirt. So from that night forward my summer consisted of working all day everyday at the pool, and dating an amazing man, and all of this went down in California. Did I have the best summer ever? You guessed it, YEPP!
So as for now I'm back down at SUU for the moment and enjoying life or at least trying to. It has been an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure and I'm so lucky to live with my amazing roommates. I got a job this year so I'm working at the Financial Aid desk on campus and I really enjoy my co-workers. It's been a bit of a challenge to try and balance school, work, relationships, and just everything but it has been an interesting journey trying to figure it all out. I'm getting good grades and some sleep so life is good. I'm really going to try and write on my blog more so just be patient with me. :)

Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment