Thursday, February 9, 2012

Called To Serve

A complete unexpected surprise came in the mail today. I officially submitted my papers exactly 10 days ago and was anticipating receiving my call in about 2 more weeks. I had joked that it would be awesome if it would come while my mom was in town visiting and sure enough.. It did!
(I tried a couple of times to upload the video of me opening my call but it wouldn't work.. I'll work on getting it uploaded.)

Sister Goates,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are are assigned to labor in the Washington DC South Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, May 2, 2012. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.


I can't believe it!!! I'm really going to be a missionary... for reals! It's not something I'm saying that I may do or that I'm thinking about doing... I'm really doing it MAY 2ND 2012!!! I cannot tell you the feeling I have had all day! It's hard to articulate but it's a feeling of a little bit of everything at the same time. I feel so honored to be a servant of the lord for the next 18 months and know that my call to the Washington DC South Mission is inspired and that is where the lord needs me. I'm totally stoked!!


Xoxo,
Sister Goates

No comments:

Post a Comment